Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My official Non-denial denial.

This is the official launch of my Blog. I've had it up and running for over a week now, in which I've tried to experiment and figure out how to use Blogger.com

I did what for me is some serious brainstorming to come up with a name for my blog. The top five on my list were: 'Barbarians at the Gate', 'The Charge of the Light Brigade', 'inter alia', 'Castles in the Sky' and 'The Peanut Gallery'. Unfortunately all of them are in use by other bloggers.

Non-denial denial, which happily just came to my mind today, is a term made popular by Watergate journalists Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein in their book 'All the Presidents Men". A non-denial denial is statement that seems to be a denial, but which is actually ambiguous and not really a denial.

I have chosen not to write in my preferred language of Danish, because I am now studying in England and need to practice my English writing skills. I hope my Danish friends interested in my blog will forgive me.

Finally, I apologize for acting like a first year law student by using the term 'obiter dicta', which means 'things said by the way'. In law, obiter dicta is used to describe statements by judges that are not essential for the decision in the case before them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home