Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Henriette's PHD project.

I know I said yesterday that I wouldn't make any further posts until after the summer, but I just have to mention this article in today's Guardian. The research mentioned is a PHD done by my old high school classmate Henriette (which The Guardian unfortunately calls Henrietta).

It was really surreal to read about Henritte's research in a British newspaper in the Santa Fe Cafe in Bracknell.

I haven't spoken to Henriette for many years, but she once wrote one of the kindest letters I have ever received just before I joined the Navy. She understood much better than I that I was not cut out for the military.

So it really pleases me to see that she has achieved this recognition and that she has contributed something important through her research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home