Thursday, February 15, 2007

Security and Terrorism 2

I've finally got around to reading Jimmy Carters 'Palestine Peace not Apartheid', which my wife gave to me as a birthday present. Here's a quote from Carter which illustrates the point I was trying to make in my post 'Security and Terrorism' published on this blog the 13.02.2007.

Commenting on the cycle of attacks by Arab militants on Israel and Israel's overwhelming military response, Carter observes:
"Israel's powerful military force can, with American acquiescence or support, destroy the economic infrastructure and inflict heavy casualties in Gaza, Lebanon, and even other nations. But when this devastation occurs, guerrilla movements are likely to survive, becoming more united and marshaling wider support."*

* Carter, Jimmy. Palestine Peace not Apartheid (New York, Simon & Schuster, 2006), pp. 199-200.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home