Monday, March 13, 2006

Following the right thing.

Even though I no longer live in Denmark, I still hurts inside every time FC Copenhagen looses a game. Yesterdays 3-0 loss to rivals Brøndby really hurts!

Being a football supporter is, in my opinion, a search for identity and a desire to be part of something bigger than one self.

The writer Nick Hornby states, in the film version of 'Fever Pitch', that becoming a football fan is like joining af family, except in this family every person likes the same people and cares for the same things. He is right.

There is, however, no lasting joy in football. Neither is the identity that supporting a football club gives a real identity. I've followed FC Copenhagen/KB for 26 years through the best of and worst of times.

I willingly leave it all behind to follow the one who was nailed to a tree, died and three days later walked out of the grave! I want to follow Jesus!

1 Comments:

At 14 March, 2006 23:03, Blogger David Hamstra said...

When the Vikings are doing bad, the Minnesotan in me still weeps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home