Friday, March 17, 2006

The Nuffield Theatre

I know no other person who makes more mental errors and 'Freudian Slips' than I do.

Today, in a seminar, I just couldn't pronounce the word 'preparatory', no matter how hard I tried. This is a word I normally can say without much difficulty, although I do speak with a predominantly American accent having been born in the US. The class had a good laugh. I felt stupid.

A feeling which was only strengthened when I discovered that the Nutfield Theatre is in fact the Nuffield Theatre and consequently the Nutfield Theatre Cafe, where my tutorial group hangs out every day, is the Nuffield Theatre Cafe.

Hey, it only took me 6 months to find out the right name!

1 Comments:

At 17 March, 2006 21:34, Blogger David Hamstra said...

Joke:

My psycotherapist had a Freudian slip the other day. Me meant to say, "Pass the butter, Honey," but instead he said, "You crazy woman, you've ruined my life!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home