Monday, May 15, 2006

Ducks and Gods love.

I've just had a bad weekend full of depressive and negatives thoughts concerning the state of my life.

Then this morning as my wife was driving me to the train station in Bracknell she almost hit a duck with three little ducklings as they were trying to cross a very busy road. The sight of this little duck stuck in traffic with her little ducklings was just too much. How cruel the world is! I just wanted to cry. Of course I couldn't, I'm a grown man traveling on a public train!

The image of that duck will not, however, leave my mind. I keep thinking that maybe God feels the same watching his children live in this world, full of compassion and wanting to step in to help and protect them.

I also keep thinking of Jesus words in Matthew 6 25-34, that we should not worry about what we will eat, drink or clothes to wear. God takes care of all the birds, how much more will he not take care of us. So instead of these things we should strive for kingdom of God and his righteousness.
"So do not worry about the tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today." (Matthew 6:34 NRSV).
ps. My wife sent an SMS saying that apparently the duck made it over the road, as it was gone when she drove back the same route.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home