Tuesday, May 09, 2006

FC Copenhagen

FC Copenhagen won the Danish football league on Sunday. This is FC's fourth title in six years and I'm really quite pleased.

I have previously on this blog expressed my distress at allowing the fortunes of FC to dictate my mood. I don't think its good or healthy to be emotionally dependent of the fortunes of a sports team. The reality is that I have always cared more about FC's results than my own personal achievements and FC's championship is more important to me than passing my end of year exams. The reason for this priority is quite simple.

Football, unlike ones personal life, gives a sense of importance and fellowship. Being a supporter entails having an identity and a shared experience with other supporters. This is experienced particularly strong when traveling to another city to support your club.

Work (or institutions like the church) does not give this sense of importance and fellowship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home