Thursday, August 02, 2007

LLM

So I've come up with plan for the future. I've applied for the Master of Laws (LLM) programme at the University of Southampton. Yesterday, a week after I applying, I got the acceptance letter.

Yes, yes, I know I've been complaining of how hard I've found the LLB (Bachelor of Laws), but even if I find it hard, I love the law. The Masters allows me to choose the subjects that I'm most interested in and is more academic than the LLB (at least that is how I'm trying to rationalise it to myself).

I've applied for the LLM in International Law and the courses I'd like to take are: 'International Protection of Human Rights', 'International Terrorism and the Law' and 'International Business Tax'.

I'm not sure that I'm going to accept the offer of a place, but as my search for a job is leading nowhere it seems more than likely. I've been sending out applications, mostly for paralegal and/or administrative positions, since coming back from vacation in early July, but I get no responses. Not even a "Thank you for applying" letter. So either I'm really bad at writing applications or I'm just don't employable.

The LLM, if nothing else, gets me out of looking for a job!

1 Comments:

At 10 August, 2007 17:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to be able to study what you enjoy. You're over the first hurdle

Gordon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home