Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Carp fishing rules!

Carp fishing is apparently the big thing in the Lords Hill district of Southampton, followed closely by woodworking.

Today my wife and I went into a newsagent and while my wife picked out some cards I went looking for a current affairs magazine. I was looking for either The New Statesman, Prospect, The Economist, Time, Newsweek or even The Spectator. I found none of these, but they did have Crafty Carper, Carpworld, The International Carper, Carp Addict and UK Carp Magazine, right next to The Woodworker, New Woodworking, Woodcraft Magazine and Practical Woodwork

Sometimes I feel completely alienated from the world around me.

2 Comments:

At 06 October, 2006 08:45, Blogger Marcel said...

Hi Torsten,

I tried to reach you by email to invite you for something I think you'll find interesting, but it bounced. Do you have a valid email? You can write to me at mschwantes@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Marcel at Re-inventing the Adventist Wheel

 
At 30 October, 2006 08:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try buying a Guardian in Rosyth... took me 45 minutes of walking to find the 1 copy... lots of navy news though! No wonder I used to suscribe to new statesman...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home