Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Continental Devide

Due to a last minute cancellation, I went with my wife to a Willow Creek Association conference at the Kerith Center in Bracknell last Saturday.

The speaker was Gordon MacDonald and the title for his talks was "A Resilient Life ...For Leaders". I felt somewhat out of place. I am not, nor will I ever be, a leader (of which I think there are way to many of).

However, I was interested in what MacDonald described as a continental divide of life. That around the age of 47 most people will find themselves faced with critical questions of life. Questions of direction, disappointments and lost expectations.

Maybe its because he was addressing "leaders", or he's been around to many successful people in his life, that he would put such late a date for a midlife crisis. How can anyone get to 47 before they realise that their life is a disappointment and that they will never attain what they dreamed of?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home