Friday, October 06, 2006

Life on Hold

I have never learned to live life in the present. To be satisfied with life as it is now, to be fully present in what ever happens. I have always been looking forward to my life starting; to do the things I have always wanted to do, to fulfill my calling.

When I was a child I would dream of what I was going to be as an adult.
When I was a student I thought of what I would do when graduated.
When I worked in taxation I dreamed of going back to university to pursue the another course of study and work.
When I was a elder in my church I dreamed of what the church could be like, one day.

Now I feel I come to the end of my dreams and all that is left is the fall.

2 Comments:

At 14 October, 2006 08:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've often felt this way. The help I've found is losing myself in Christ. Everything else is vanity. Matthew 6.34 made a difference for me this week.

 
At 17 October, 2006 20:36, Blogger Torsten Pedersen said...

Thanks Jan.

Yes, todays truobles are enough in themselves. I agrree anything other than Jesus really is vanity. I'm ashamed how oftenI loose my focus from him and become discouraged.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home